a2ps

Re: HTML to PS: No netscape here

From: TBlittlefoot
Subject: Re: HTML to PS: No netscape here
Date: Tue, 24 Aug 2004 17:01:29 -0700

Hope you are having a good vacation, Ed.

Here's where I am at at the moment:

I think, now, that using a browser to pre-process the HTML source is
wrong. Too many browsers that can change at any time.

The first stage in the program should turn the HTML source into HTML 2.0
(or whatever HTML stage/"tagset" the printed page can support) and
the second stage should convert that to ps or pdf.

I'm using an app called htmldoc at the moment, and it is pretty good:

Package: htmldoc
Section: web
Installed-Size: 1344
Maintainer: Jeff Licquia <address@hidden>
Architecture: i386
Version: 1.8.17-2
Depends: libc6 (>= 2.2.4-4), libfltk1, libjpeg62, libpng2 (>= 1.0.12), xlibs (>>
 4.1.0), zlib1g (>= 1:1.1.4)
Filename: pool/main/h/htmldoc/htmldoc_1.8.14-1_i386.deb
Size: 649088
MD5sum: 6d393d0d1dbe2a9041b7df243d8ef2ed
 HTMLDOC is a program for writing documentation in HTML and producing
 indexed HTML, PostScript, or PDF output (with tables of contents).
 It supports most HTML 3.2 and some HTML 4.0 syntax, as well as GIF,
 JPEG, and PNG images.

Tom

--
    PLEASE mail me in PLAIN TEXT ----------- THANK YOU