a2ps

Re: HTML to PS: No netscape here

From: TBlittlefoot
Subject: Re: HTML to PS: No netscape here
Date: Wed, 18 Aug 2004 21:28:32 -0700

On Wed, Aug 18, 2004 at 12:25:36PM -0700, TBlittlefoot wrote:
> May as well jump right in...
>
> Hello everyone,
>
> No problem here with ascii to ps, but I don't have netscape
> and making netscape a symlink to mozilla didn't work:
>
> $ a2ps -o sa.ps Stoneage.html
> [Stoneage.html (html, delegated to Netscape): 1 page on 1 sheet]
> [Total: 0 pages on 0 sheets] saved into the file `sa.ps'
>
> Any clues? I'm reading the manual and learning a lot, but I really
> need to print that html file (I'll be sending it by email to a remote
> printer)
>
> (running debian linux here)
>
> Thanks,
>

> Tom

Okay. I've got a handle on the escapes, and just want to use w3m
to delegate the pre-processing of non-graphical html, but I can't make it work.

I've set NETSCAPE to /usr/bin/w3m and exported (/etc/profile) it and made
/etc/a2ps.cfg read:

${NETSCAPE:-w3m} '$f'

(w3m accepts relative paths)

but it still isn't working.