www-it-traduzioni

Re: Fuzzy POs

From: Thérèse Godefroy
Subject: Re: Fuzzy POs
Date: Sat, 16 Oct 2021 11:16:50 +0200

Hi Dora, all,

Le 15/10/2021 à 15:25, Thérèse Godefroy a écrit :
[...]
> Le 15/10/2021 à 14:38, Dora Scilipoti a écrit :
[...]
>> The thing is, in some cases there are no fixed answers. No fixed rules.
>> In practice, what the Italian team should do at some point is to
>> elaborate a "manual of style" and stick to it for coherence across the
>> Italian pages.
>>
>> That requires time for discussion and research.
>>
>> To me, the priority now is to update the fuzzy pages, but of course
>> Italians in the list may want to keep discussing these issues with
>> Thérèse. I'm sorry I can't participate in that process right now.
>>

> I think I'm ready to commit everything.

[...]
This is what I'm going to do today.

Fri, 15 Oct 2021 14:04:10 +0200, from Dora:
[...]
>>> foreign words of common use (e.i film , internet,.. ) no quotes, no <i>
>>> foreign words not common use should be in italics <i> when not in
>>> handwriting (so in this case).
>>
>> Giusto.
>
> Io ho qualche dubbio sull'uso di <i> per le parole scritte in una lingua
> diversa da quella del documento html. Ma lo lascio per dopo, ora vorrei
> dare priorità a gli aggiornamenti così finiamo questa cosa.

I italicized the uncommon foreign words or phrases (except article
titles), as I explained yesterday. It's easier to revert to normal style
than the other way around.

[...]
>> In linea di principio, io potrei controllarlo, ma temo di non avere il
>> tempo ora...
>

> Ricorda questa segnalazione che aveva fatto Thérèse. C'è un errore nello
> script, e ce lo ha mandato semmai volessimo usarlo in altre directory a
> parte /philosophy (lei sta lavorando solo su quello):

A new version of the script is attached. It converts the quotes to
either «...» or “...”, depending on what's in the original file, and
adds square brackets around the ellipsis.

Have a nice week-end,
Thérèse