wget-dev

Re: wget2 | New option --dane (!522)

From: @rockdaboot
Subject: Re: wget2 | New option --dane (!522)
Date: Sun, 23 Apr 2023 17:56:10 +0000

Tim Rühsen commented on a discussion:
https://gitlab.com/gnuwget/wget2/-/merge_requests/522#note_1363513195

> Speaking of which, even though the library was available I still had to pass
> --with-libdane to get the support to build. That, in practice, means that
> distros will not enable it. Is that what we want?

Good point. I made a last minute reversal of the logic. If `libgnutls-dane` is
installed (pkg-config .pc file is available), DANE is automatically baked into
Wget2. DANE can be excluded any time with the `--without-libdane` configure
flag.

The changes are manually merged.

https://gitlab.com/gnuwget/wget2/-/merge_requests/522#note_1363513195