wget-dev

wget2 | missing contrib/libtool.patch (#559)

From: Brian Inglis (@BrianInglis)
Subject: wget2 | missing contrib/libtool.patch (#559)
Date: Wed, 22 Sep 2021 19:01:53 +0000

Brian Inglis created an issue: https://gitlab.com/gnuwget/wget2/-/issues/559

Generated `configure` script for *Cygwin 64* includes:
```
printf "%s\n" "$as_me: WARNING: unrecognized options: $ac_unrecognized_opts"
>&2;}
fi

# patching libtool, generated when coming here
patch libtool contrib/libtool.patch

{ printf "%s\n" "$as_me:${as_lineno-$LINENO}: Summary of build options:
```
so output/`stderr`? of *Cygwin* `cygport` build script (with options from
previous release) includes:
```
configure: WARNING: unrecognized options: --without-lzip
patch: **** Can't open patch file contrib/libtool.patch : No such file or
directory
configure: Summary of build options:
```
so build outputs spurious message:
```
  CCLD     libwget_logger.la

*** Warning: linker path does not have real file for library -llz.
*** you link to this library.  But I can only do this if you have a
*** shared version of the library, which you do not appear to have
*** because I did check the linker path looking for a file starting
*** with liblz and none of the candidates passed a file format test
*** using a file magic. Last file checked: /lib/liblz.a
  CCLD     libwget_progress.la
  CCLD     libwget_dnscache.la
*** The inter-library dependencies that have been dropped here will be
*** automatically added whenever a program is linked with this library
*** or is declared to -dlopen it.

*** Since this library must not contain undefined symbols,
*** because either the platform does not support them or
*** it was explicitly requested with -no-undefined,
*** libtool will only create a static version of it.
  CCLD     libwget_robots.la
```
add `contrib/libtool.patch` to `EXTRA_DIST` or fix `libtool` so it works as
last release 1.99.2 with Cygwin shared libraries typically named e.g.
`cygwget-0.dll`.

https://gitlab.com/gnuwget/wget2/-/issues/559