wget-dev

Re: wget2 | Add Plugin Framework information to the Wiki / Docs (#467)

From: jeffrey marius (@getjff)
Subject: Re: wget2 | Add Plugin Framework information to the Wiki / Docs (#467)
Date: Sun, 25 Jul 2021 20:42:50 +0000

jeffrey marius commented:

I have one question @rockdaboot. I agree creating the Wiki as submodule would
keep the git repo in sync with the updated wiki pages. But you fear of gitlab
going down. So, then even if we have the wiki as submodule it would be useless
since Wiki submodule will be directed towards gitlab only in the end.(similar
to the gnulib which is already a submodule in our wget2 repo)

So, if we are to be protective of our content then I believe we would have to
add the wiki repo not as a submodule but as a separate folder in wget2 repo.
The downside however, would be that every time Wiki page is updated someone
will have to add those contents to the wiki in wget2 repo as well.

Also, the Wiki pages can be cloned but they don't allow for forking and so only
the maintainers can add the Plugin pages to the Wiki repo. I maybe able to help
in only add the Wiki as a separate directory to wget2 repo if needed.

Please let me know your thoughts.

https://gitlab.com/gnuwget/wget2/-/issues/467#note_634893086