weechat-support

Re: [Weechat-support] I'm not able to unblock my WeChat account

From: Bradley D. Thornton
Subject: Re: [Weechat-support] I'm not able to unblock my WeChat account
Date: Wed, 4 Sep 2019 00:34:53 -0700

On 9/3/2019 12:11 PM, Julio Cesar via Weechat-support wrote:
> Hello I needyour help please My WeChat is not working, my WeChat
> account ... My WeChat I'D:  julio4u4e My name Julio Cesar. My phone
> number is: 416-659-6486 Toronto , Canada

Hello Julio,

Are you sure you're in the right place?

*"Wechat"* is an android app used in everyday life in China for
texting, buying things, having your paychecks deposited, and picking
up school assignments. Pretty much everything that you would do in day
to day life, it controls that. That would actually have a login and
user id.

In that case, you would need to perform a password reset in whatever
method is integrated into their Android app or website, provided your
account wasn't suspended by the Chinese govt - that happens quite
often, depending on what you say, as everything is monitored by
special govt bureaus when you use weechat (so don't text anything
critical of the Chinese govt in your app).

If they've locked you out, they will usually let you apologize and
promise to attend a re-education program to turn your service back on.

*Weechat* is an IRC client, arguably the best, and any account
information you may have lost wouldn't be in relation to Weechat, but
rather, with respect to the IRC network that you use - like, Dalnet or
Freenode or Undernet, etc., and you would still be able to open
Weechat even if you can't identify with nickserv for your nick.

If the second scenario is the case, then you should be able to get
nickserv to email you and reset the password on your nick, or you
could pick another nick, but you're certainly not going to be locked
out of Weechat.

> Sent from Yahoo Mail on Android
> <https://go.onelink.me/107872968?pid=InProduct&c=Global_Internal_YGrow
th_AndroidEmailSig__AndroidUsers&af_wl=ym&af_sub1=Internal&af_sub2=Globa
l_YGrowth&af_sub3=EmailSignature>