weechat-dev

[Weechat-dev] [bug #36851] weechat freeze on detach/attach of screen or

From: Reinout Roels
Subject: [Weechat-dev] [bug #36851] weechat freeze on detach/attach of screen or tmux
Date: Tue, 17 Jul 2012 14:17:13 +0000

Follow-up Comment #7, bug #36851 (project weechat):

After fiddling around for a while I found some more reports of similar issues
(but not related to weechat):

http://old.nabble.com/Strange-lock-problem-under-screen-4.00.02-03-td14248045.html

In one of the links the issue has been related to a bug in libevents which
would make sense with the previous comment, but I'm not sure, it's not my
server so I can't update the library.

I have not found a real solution, but I did find a workaround. I can unfreeze
the session by forcing the it to detach in other places when I reattach,
e.g.,:

tmux attach -d
screen -d -r

It's not perfect as you can only attach with only one terminal at a time. But
it's better than a frozen screen I guess.

This is obviously not a weechat problem so I will stop bothering you here,
just posting this workaround in case anyone encounters a similar problem.
Thank you for  the quick support!

  <http://savannah.nongnu.org/bugs/?36851>

  Message sent via/by Savannah
  http://savannah.nongnu.org/