vscode-texinfo-discussions

Using Texinfo Extension on Windows

From: Soft Works
Subject: Using Texinfo Extension on Windows
Date: Thu, 30 Sep 2021 00:13:12 +0000

Hi,

I couldn't get the extension to work  on Windows as it requires the texinfo (https://savannah.gnu.org/p/texinfo) tools to be available.

There are just a number of older versions available as Windows binaries and none of them does actually work.
Recent versions of texinfo seem to have switched to perl and that perl code seems to have some hard-coded Linux paths, so I’m not sure whether it can work at all.

May I ask how you were testing the extension on Windows as the code seems to have appropriate distinction between win32 and Linux platforms?

Kind regards,

softworkz