vrs-development

Re: [Vrs-development] Re: [DotGNU]VRS/SEE/Goldwater meeting results

From: Chris Smith
Subject: Re: [Vrs-development] Re: [DotGNU]VRS/SEE/Goldwater meeting results
Date: Wed, 16 Oct 2002 10:22:16 +0100

> Sorry I could not make the meeting,
> here are my newbie questions.
>
> mike
>
> > erica and ChrisS talk about the status of GW API for different
> > languages. C is "dead simple", C# is mostly pInvoked up, erica really
> > wants to get coding!
>
> Is the C# created by SWIG?

Nope.
I've done a full-on hand writtne PInvoke job.
The actual C# I have written is probably not good from an objects interface
point of view. But we can change the interface to something more suitable
when we've all had time to look at it.

C# API has not been released yet as I only started it about 10 days ago and
at the same time I'm trying to get pnet to stop segfaulting when its built as
shared libraries...

> > erica has problems building GW.

Which is odd 'cos he never used to, and the previous version which he has
installed and built on his machine no longer builds (!)

> Me too.
> I have tried to build under cygwin, what libs to I need? Headers?

I have no experience of cygwin.
I can have a look for you if you like. assuming the make is failing, do "make
| tee make.log" and send me the log.

Chris Smith
  Technical Architect - netFluid Technology Ltd.
  "Internet Technologies, Distributed Systems and Tuxedo Consultancy"
  E: address@hidden  W: http://www.nfluid.co.uk