vrs-development

RE:[Vrs-development] Who's doing the distributed filesystem?

From: morphius
Subject: RE:[Vrs-development] Who's doing the distributed filesystem?
Date: Thu, 02 May 2002 00:29:53 -0700 (PDT)

The more I think about it, the trickier our theoretical distributed
filesystem sounds.

It seems to me (though I could easily be wrong) that we're basically looking
for a dynamically scalable, highly distributed, low-bandwidth, secure and
encrypted, interleaving and redundancy -parameterizable RAID system.  We've
got to think about semantics... transactional guarantees... performance...

Right on target :-)