vrs-development

Re: [Vrs-development] Service Manager free-style

From: Eric Altendorf
Subject: Re: [Vrs-development] Service Manager free-style
Date: Wed, 24 Apr 2002 11:56:51 -0700

On Monday 15 April 2002 07:36, Bill Lance wrote:
> Thinking about this in more detail, we may need to
> look at a staged inet function.  The host machine will
> have it's own inet for its native functions.  When an
> LDS is alive, some of the inet services will need to
> be routed to the LDS, and others are passed to host
> machine's own services.  At the LDS, it would need to
> be further routed as descibed by Chris.  Is this what
> you ment by Layerd, Eric?

Actually, no...  I was only referring to the two layers of distributed
services: layer 1 being distributed redundant file storage, layer 2 being
distributed redundant publicly available services, which is built upon layer
1.

Eric

--
"First they ignore you.  Then they laugh at you.
 Then they fight you.  And then you win."             -Gandhi