vrs-development

Re: [Vrs-development] Ready to help

From: Eric Altendorf
Subject: Re: [Vrs-development] Ready to help
Date: Thu, 11 Apr 2002 14:38:08 -0700

On Thursday 11 April 2002 13:53, Bill Lance wrote:
> I'll ask first if you find any particular part of the
> VRS design especially interesting.  If so, I can try
> to focus any suggestions in that direction.
>
> In general, there are at least two areas that need a
> lot of thinking about.  The first is Cluster
> Administration tasks.  We need to detail the data
> tables and transactions involved and to define the
> needed method calls.
>
> The other is defining the Service Manager framework.
> This is still wide open, and perhaps one of the most
> intreaging challenges.  This is where VRS overlaps
> with the SEE idea.

What is the role of the service manager framework?

I could work on the cluster administration stuff, but the fact is I don't
have much background in the mechanics of distributed computation, and only a
little background in the security/authentication stuff that would be
involved.  I've written business EJBs that can run on distributed EJB server
clusters, but that's a whole different thing. :-)

Eric

--
"First they ignore you.  Then they laugh at you.
 Then they fight you.  And then you win."             -Gandhi