vrs-development

Re: [Vrs-development] PERL prototyping

From: Chris Smith
Subject: Re: [Vrs-development] PERL prototyping
Date: Tue, 5 Mar 2002 17:45:59 +0000

On Monday 04 March 2002 23:32, Bill Lance wrote:
> Chris,
>
> I have been thinking of starting the prototype model
> structured around the organization taking form in the
> docs.
>
> This seems to require the OO perl methods, especialy
> as we refine to C module substitutes.  Do you use this
> form in your perl work?

Yes. Right the way down to writing self-persisting Perl
objects to abstract database tables.

> To help visualize the model, I was thinking of
> wrapping the parts in perl/Tk.  Dos this sound right
> to you?

Yeah - whatever takes your fancy.
The only thing I'm worried about is that you have no
idea how code fits into Goldwater - which is why I
desperatly want to get some examples out.
I suppose if you keep things functionally modular
then you'll be okay to reuse stuff without translating
to C (the problem will be the messages between the
modules when deployed as GWServices).
But you're just prototypeing now aren't you?  So we
can worry about that later...  Ignore my rambling...

Chris

--
Chris Smith
  Technical Architect - netFluid Technology Limited.