vrs-development

[Vrs-development] Re: [DotGNU]SOAP/XMLRPC - Positions or Standards

From: Chris Smith
Subject: [Vrs-development] Re: [DotGNU]SOAP/XMLRPC - Positions or Standards
Date: Mon, 11 Feb 2002 13:08:07 +0000

On Sunday 10 February 2002 12:10, you wrote:
> Does DotGNU have any positions on or recommended development toolsets
> for SOAP or XMLRPC based Network Services?  (To distribute properly,
> WikiTexi will need RPC capability, and I'm still dealing with the best
> method -- other suggestions welcome, too.)

The VRS project https://savannah.gnu.org/projects/vrs/ proposes to use SOAP1.2
Though this is still work in progress, but the idea is that the VRS will
accept multiple 'Request Acceptance' modules that can handle SOAP over
HTTP/SMTP/FTP, XMLRPC for example.

Requests for webservices which require data in in order to produce data out
need, obviously, to have a standard interface to and from which SOAP and
XMLRPC requests can be mapped.  This is tricky and has not been considered
other than the interface requirements stated above.

If the VRS sticks to one method, (like SOAP) then it becomes so much easier -
inter-operablility is what I'm concerned with, and am currently wearing my
SOAP hat.

Regards,
Chris

--
Chris Smith
  Technical Architect - netFluid Technology Limited.