viewmail-info

Re: Bazaar dying?

From: Mark Diekhans
Subject: Re: Bazaar dying?
Date: Thu, 7 Jan 2021 16:57:09 -0800

It is possible to convert from Bazaar to git on launchpad.  I
have never done it, however there are instructions.  I would
be happy to help with it.

While launchpad is a good project management tool, I am a bit
concerned that is contributes to the lack of contributors to VM
compared to what could happen github.  I believe one reason
github has become predominate is the easy of contribution.  This
leaves launchpad as just something new to learn for just one
project.

It also needs a bit of PR.

We really need a more active community around VM; we can't
expect Uday to do everything.  While I don't really want to be
email client developers, I have looked at switching to other
emacs based clients and everything just seems inferior to VM.

Mark