tsp-devel

[Tsp-devel] Alignment error on VxWorks

From: Frédéric Martinsons
Subject: [Tsp-devel] Alignment error on VxWorks
Date: Thu, 27 Nov 2008 15:11:18 +0100

 Hi TSP,

I have a list of differents kind of symbols (char ,int8, int16, double ....) to publish in the BB (under vxworks).Everything works fine until I want to access the pointers returned by bb_simple_publish and especially in a config like this (tab is an array of pointer on void):

*(double*) tab[i] = a
*(double*) tab[i+1]=b
*(int16*)   tab[i+2]= c
*(double*) tab[i+3]= d   <--- here is the line which throw "alignment error"

No problem when there is an even number of int16 pointer .

I remember (when I check the tsp-devel archive) , during the Rtems port , there was a memory alignment probem.
Do you think this is the same problem ?

I solved the issue in using only 32 or 64 bits symbols but this is not optimal.Any idea to make it better ?