tsp-devel

Re: [Tsp-devel] tsp_ascii_writer_config.lex compile problem

From: Frederik Deweerdt
Subject: Re: [Tsp-devel] tsp_ascii_writer_config.lex compile problem
Date: Mon, 26 Mar 2007 10:56:36 +0000

On Mon, Mar 26, 2007 at 11:59:17AM +0200, Robert de Vries wrote:
> Eric Noulard wrote:
> >
> >The in-source
> >tsp/src/consumers/ascii_writer/tsp_ascii_writer_config_yy.c
> >
> >may not match your flex version.
> >
> >on my box generated file and in source file are really different.
> >
> Maybe a stupid question, but why is there generated source code in the tree
> in the first place?
> I never put generated code in CVS.
That's a good point. Even though it might be handy to have them in tree
for systems that don't have lex/yacc (or rpcgen BTW), we could have some
sort of:
IF(IS_GEN_TOOL_PRESENT)
        #generate files with GEN_TOOL
ELSE(IS_GEN_TOOL_PRESENT)
        #cp files from tree (eg. cp tsp_rpc.h.pregen tsp_rpc.h)
ENDIF(IS_GEN_TOOL_PRESENT)

If nobody has a strong objection, I'll wrap the generated files build
that we have in-tree with the above logic.

Regards,
Frederik