tsp-devel

Re: [Tsp-devel] Is cmake minimum required version 2.4.6 ?

From: Eric Noulard
Subject: Re: [Tsp-devel] Is cmake minimum required version 2.4.6 ?
Date: Fri, 2 Mar 2007 13:30:32 +0100

2007/3/2, Frederik Deweerdt <address@hidden>:
> >>on my system, I can't build a fresh TSP check out with cmake 2.4.3
> >>The cmake phase goes well, but the make phase immediatly ends with :
> >>
> >>make: *** [cmake_check_build_system] Error 255
> >>
> >For the record, I've managed building with cmake 2.4.3 with the
> >following applied:
> This is strange. The EXECUTE_PROCESS construct is used twice (once with
--libs and once with --cflags). The first instance is replaced and
> the second one is left intact. How could this make a difference unless it
masks a bug in cmake?
It is in my opinion. For a reason uknown to me, cmake adds a newline
at the end of the result of the EXECUTE_PROCESS() command _for this
particular command_.
This messes the root CMakeCache.txt file, and the build process is unable
to go on.
That's why I'm not sure we really need the fix I sent, it's a cmake bug
after all.

Yes I agree this is definitely a CMake bug.
I think we should keep

CMAKE_MINIMUM_REQUIRED(VERSION 2.4.4)

unless somebody really can't go along with the requirement.

You may optionnally check-in your modification
with appropriate comment
"buggy CMake 2.4.3 (and previous) EXECUTE_PROCESS"

--
Erk