tlf-devel

Re: Can you prevent mode switching?

From: Onno VK6FLAB
Subject: Re: Can you prevent mode switching?
Date: Thu, 28 Oct 2021 10:22:13 +0800

The mode change is still being populated on band change, even if I comment out the band-change rig_set_mode call at the bottom of src/gettxinfo.c.

I suspect that the mode change is secretly being sent with the frequency change and have been trying to investigate filtering out mode changes in the TCP connection to rigctld, but that's a two-way stream and using grep/sed on a bidirectional stream is a challenge :-)

I agree that it needs a config option. I think it should be called something like IGNORE_RADIO_MODE to make it explicit.

On Thu, 28 Oct 2021 at 10:00, Nate Bargmann <n0nb@n0nb.us> wrote:
* On 2021 27 Oct 18:23 -0500, Onno VK6FLAB wrote:
> I've just removed (commented out) all rig_set_mode calls in src/gettxinfo.c
> and the behaviour persists. Not sure where else to look.

Hi Onno,

Follow the logic from the parsing of logcfg.dat with the SSBMODE and
RTTYMODE keywords.  That should lead you to where the mode is set on
startup, at least.

> I agree with Nate, TLF should follow the mode, not set it unless
> specifically instructed to do so.

I'm sure some prefer the current behavior (working a single mode event,
I can see this preference and would likely use it).  I'd like to see a
similar keyword, perhaps RIGMODE is to close to the existing RIGMODEL
keyword, maybe FOLLOW_MODE would work, that could be added for Tlf
following the radio mode until instructed to change mode.

73, Nate

possible worlds.  The pessimist fears this is true."
Web: https://www.n0nb.us
Projects: https://github.com/N0NB

73, de Onno VK6FLAB

Listen to the Foundations of Amateur Radio Podcast or check out the eBooks.