tlf-devel

The state QSO Party thread

From: Nate Bargmann
Subject: The state QSO Party thread
Date: Fri, 3 Sep 2021 21:08:50 -0500

One of the aspects of amateur radio I've considered to get more active
in are the various state QSO parties.  To that end, I'm starting this
thread to exchange information toward configuring Tlf for these events
and discover areas where Tlf can be improved.

Part of the sharing I plan is to provide my files after figuring out
whether they work!  Also, in the long run I hope to maintain a page on
the Tlf Wiki documenting these events.  Eventually a database of sorts
of configuration files will exist for these events and we may even add
them to the repository.

For some of these events it may be necessary to simply use Tlf as a
logger as anything resembling accurate scoring may not be possible given
the notion that stations are usually worked once or once per band/mode.
State QSO parties often have mobile operators that move from county to
county and the rules allow outstate participants to work those mobiles
again for point and multiplier credit when they move to a new county.
Some rules also permit working such a station once but logging it twice
when it is on a county line or at the junction of multiple counties.  So
far as I'm aware, Tlf would treat additional such contacts on a given
band/mode as a dupe.

In my first reply to this thread I will provide the files I use as
instate participant in the recent Kansas QSO Party.

73, Nate

Web: https://www.n0nb.us
Projects: https://github.com/N0NB