Re: [Tinycc-devel] AVR port

From: Ziyao
Subject: Re: [Tinycc-devel] AVR port
Date: Sat, 08 Apr 2023 13:16:10 +0800

On 2023-04-06 21:05, certanan via Tinycc-devel wrote:
Hello, everyone.

I am thinking of having a shot at porting tcc to the AVR microcontroller family, as an alternative to a part of the bulky GNU toolchain. Since the last release was specified quite a while back, I am inclined to fork at HEAD. However when it comes to 'mob' branches, I am always a bit worried about potential insufficiencies in terms of security and stability. Are those fears justified in this case?

mob is actually a development branch, to which new fixes and features
are introduced. Sure new features lead to unstability, but there are
also lots of fixes for bugs in 0.9.27.

And also, release 0.9.27 seems to fail to build on newest glibc,
according to historical emails in this list. imho, it should be
deprecated now.

--
Ziyao