Re: [Tinycc-devel] What is your general workflow in answering to mailing

From: Anton Shepelev
Date: Sat, 26 Dec 2020 01:50:00 +0300

Vaidas BoQsc:

> What is the proper way to quote and reply in a Mailing
> List?

See Netiquette for the basic guidelines:

   https://tools.ietf.org/html/rfc1855

> As an average, I use in-browser Google Mail.

That is not a decent e-mail client, it is terrible.

> Do I need a Mail Client to have a better experience with
> Mailing Lists?

I should say yes. A decent, well-configured mail client is a
game changer. For basic requirements for a mail client, see:

   https://jdebp.eu/Proposals/gnksoa-mua.html

> Do you happen to do any manual message formatting work
> while replying?

I format all my message with the GNU Troff text-proessing
facility, but a good e-mail client will do it for you, so do
not worry :-)