Re: [Texmacs-dev] How about adopting xmake as the build tool for GNU TeX

From: Massimiliano Gubinelli
Subject: Re: [Texmacs-dev] How about adopting xmake as the build tool for GNU TeXmacs?
Date: Mon, 24 Apr 2023 21:53:39 +0100

Hi Darcy,
 my point of view is the following: we need autotools since the GNU project requires it and I guess that Joris is against changing this. However this should not stop us to *include* other build tools. I personally use a lot the Xcode file and therefore I maintain it so that it is updated regularly. If a developer is using CMake then I do not see any problem that we keep it. For example, I use CMake for the wasm port and for other branches.

I would also like to experience xmake, but I do not see the readon to remove other build system. They are not incompatible and certainly they can coexists.

I think is a good idea to have xmake, especially if people contributing to Mogan use it. I would love to have continuous integration on Git, so that we can use it to produce binaries (even if they are not the official build).

Best
Max