Re: [Texmacs-dev] TeXmacs on Apple M1

From: TeXmacs
Subject: Re: [Texmacs-dev] TeXmacs on Apple M1
Date: Sat, 6 Mar 2021 12:41:19 +0100

Hi again,

For those who are interested in performance,
it seems that TeXmacs is about 10% to 20% faster on
the new Mac Mini with the M1 chip than on an iMac Pro
with a 3.2GHz Intel Xeon W with 8 cores.

Here one has to keep in mind that TeXmacs runs in i686
emulation mode on the M1 chip; it will be interesting to
see how things will work when we manage to compile
the program natively.

Best wishes, --Joris