Re: [Texmacs-dev] Completion Framework for TeXmacs

From: Massimiliano Gubinelli
Subject: Re: [Texmacs-dev] Completion Framework for TeXmacs
Date: Sat, 16 Jan 2021 00:23:56 +0100

Dear Owen,

I'm not familiar with Ivy/Helm. Can you briefly describe what you would like to
obtain? On one side TeXmacs provides already scheme sessions embedded in a
document. So you could simply either have a document with code which can be
sequentially (re)evaluated (a la jupyter notebook or mathematica files). If you
want to have, on one side a scheme file and on another a buffer where to
evalute, I would try to create a new document with a session and then come glue
code in scheme which allows to select part of a scheme file and send them to
the other document for evaluation. This should not be too difficult.

Note that with scheme you can also programmatically create dialogs (but not
full fledged editor windows yet). However there are a couple of widgets you
could be interested in : one is texmacs-input and the other texmacs-output. The
second allows to render arbitrary documents, while the first is a full editor,
but you do not get the toolbars nor the menus...
You can see some examples in TeXmacs/progs/kernel/gui/menu-test.scm

for example, open a scheme session and then do

(show (widget6))

to see the two widgets I mentioned above in action.

Best
Max