Re: [Texmacs-dev] S7 vs. Guile

From: Massimiliano Gubinelli
Subject: Re: [Texmacs-dev] S7 vs. Guile
Date: Mon, 4 Jan 2021 19:47:36 +0100

Dear all,

 I've managed to find few subtle bugs and now TeXmacs/S7 seems to run fine (there is still a bug I'm aware of but you can give a look if you want). Anyway, I've still to reorganise the changes and test it more. You can find it here:

in the README.md file you find also the results of running some r7rs benchmarks against S7 and Guile 1.8, Guile 3.0.4. Based on them I still expect to be able to have better performance of TeXmacs/S7 vs. TeXmacs/Guile1.8.

Currenlty the startup time for TeXmacs is 4x faster, but compiling the full user manual (~120 pages) takes 20 sec for S7 and 15 sec for Guile 1.8. So there is still some performance problems.

This is still experimental, not ready for everyday use in any way, but looks promising.

Best,
Max