[Texmacs-dev] Compiling Qt-TeXmacs under Windows

From: Pierre Hunter
Subject: [Texmacs-dev] Compiling Qt-TeXmacs under Windows
Date: Tue, 24 Nov 2020 17:13:41 +0100

Good afternoon

I am interested in Texmacs for the plugins. So i try to use them.
I don't find  procedure to make them OK. I install the mycas plugin
without problem. But i want the sage plugin OK and i search a very time
to find a solution for that one work.Now it's OK but i think the parsing of tm_sage.py
is not so good because you can chain on the read line the instructions separeted by
the ;  character. without hang the plugin. It's a general problem for all the plugins
Second The QT framework with Texmacs sometime become dead and you can't
run Texmacs without reinstalling.
So i try to compile Texmacs and with your procedure It' impossible with  the TmBuildEnv
and also installing
 Freetype2 and Guile1.8 from the GNU site. I am using the MSYS 32 and 64 bits
environnement and i think the MINGW64 is not good because the basics tests on
the length of long and wchar* are bad
With MINGW32 it's seems good when using configure but the compilation failed for GUILE 1.8 and 1.68.
So for me it's impossible to recompile Texmacs with the sources using MINGW32 or MINGW64 on a PC under WINDOWS 7 64bits .
I am an old linux expert now retired and i am interested In Mathematics and Texmacs because
i think it' a very good idea to have created a tool  like that one. So the very people can write text and insert the results from plugins inside. I have try with Maxima and it' Great. I am looking so far for a Gap plugin OK for calculating resolvants and print the results.
I hope an answer for the compiling of Texmacs

Best regards   Pierre