Re: makeinfo and end-of-line format

From: Gavin Smith
Subject: Re: makeinfo and end-of-line format
Date: Thu, 11 Jun 2015 00:19:30 +0100

On 10 June 2015 at 19:26, Eli Zaretskii <address@hidden> wrote:
> Re this discussion:
>
>   http://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/bug-texinfo/2014-12/msg00068.html
>
> was texi2any changed to produce Unix-style EOL format on MS-DOS and
> MS-Windows?  If not, I think we should do that before releasing
> Texinfo 6, to avoid breaking the Info readers on those systems.

A fine idea. All we need now is someone to implement it in the next
couple of days. I haven't researched how difficult it would be,
possibly it would be quite easy, but there could always be unforeseen
difficulties.

I think that the "binmode" command needs to be used for this:
http://perldoc.perl.org/functions/binmode.html. Basically find
wherever output files are opened for Info and run binmode on them.