Re: (dir) -> TOP_NODE_UP_URL

From: Karl Berry
Subject: Re: (dir) -> TOP_NODE_UP_URL
Date: Wed, 04 Feb 2015 16:15:48 -0700

    I had a look at the code and it should only be generatd for the Up node
    of the Top node.  Thata being said, the user may have added some (dir)

Sure.  The addition I made replaces all such explicit (dir) links with
TOP_NODE_UP_URL, as far as I could test.  That was its purpose:

  # In addition to that implicit (dir) as the Top node's Up, replace all
  # other references to external file "dir" with the same TOP_NODE_UP_URL.
  if (defined($self->get_conf('TOP_NODE_UP_URL'))
      and $external_node->{'manual_content'}[0]->{'text'} eq "dir") {
    return $self->get_conf('TOP_NODE_UP_URL');
  }

    I don't have time these days, I don't think I'd be able to do much
    until april...

I surmised as much.  Glad there is some hope for the future.

Best,
karl