Re: (dir) -> TOP_NODE_UP_URL

From: Patrice Dumas
Subject: Re: (dir) -> TOP_NODE_UP_URL
Date: Wed, 4 Feb 2015 23:57:19 +0100

On Wed, Feb 04, 2015 at 09:50:34PM +0000, Karl Berry wrote:

> Although, just occurred to me, if you're saying that a link to dir.html
> is still generated sometimes despite TOP_NODE_UP_URL being set, then
> please show me.  I didn't see such a case.

I had a look at the code and it should only be generatd for the Up node
of the Top node.  Thata being said, the user may have added some (dir)
anywhere.

> I agree, but sadly, there is one more feature I'd like to add first,
> since it should be easy to do: the @U command I brought up a while ago.
> I hope to start work on that today, unless Patrice jumps in :).

I don't have time these days, I don't think I'd be able to do much until
april...

> Meanwhile, one other thing that needs to happen is to excise the Info
> format quoting proposal stuff from the manual that you previously added
> at my request.  Of course we should keep a diff (and maybe even include
> it in the dist) so we can re-add it later, if it ever gets implemented.
> Would you like to do that annoying/laborious task?  Sorry, but so it
> goes ...

On the makeinfo side, this should not be hard to do, but that's easy for
me to say as I do nothing these days...

--
Pat