Re: url style for pdf

From: Patrice Dumas
Subject: Re: url style for pdf
Date: Sun, 27 Oct 2013 19:18:47 +0100

On Sun, Oct 27, 2013 at 02:10:05AM +0000, Karl Berry wrote:
> However, Arnold (Robbins) pointed out to me that it is reasonable to
> want a visible url in PDF output; it's not just a stylistic choice.  The
> PDF might be being used to print a book, for instance.

Maybe the best would be to have an option that says that the book is to
be printed or displayed.  We could document it as being best passed on
the command line.  If printed, both the visible url and the black color
would be choosen, and it would be a no-op for other output languages.
Something in the same vein as @cropmark, @finalout or @smallbook.

For docbook, I think that we should not try to map anything that is
linked with style/output.  DocBook normally do not do anything like
that, for instance @frenchspacing and even something like @sp do not
have DocBook counterparts.  So this should definitively be a no-op in
DocBook, in my opinion.

--
Pat