Re: command contexts

From: Patrice Dumas
Subject: Re: command contexts
Date: Sat, 14 Apr 2012 12:22:04 +0200

On Fri, Apr 13, 2012 at 03:51:54PM -0700, Karl Berry wrote:
>     I am not sure that @setfilename is that special in the texi2any
>     implementation
>
> I think it should be at least a warning to give it more than once, or to
> give it after any output has been generated.  Otherwise the results
> would be mystifying.  It's never been intended to be usable to divert
> some output to file A, and then later output to file B, etc.

@setfilename is special in 3 ways.  First if it is in an included file
it is simply ignored, to cope with the manual stating that this should
be the correct behaviour.  There is also a special warning if it appears
after a @node/sectioning command.  And if it appears at the top level of
the tree, everything appearing before is put in a special container to
allow to have this ignored.  There is also a warning is there are
multiple @setfilename in the main file, but it is not special of
setfilename, there is a list of @-commands that trigger such warning.

So everything you ask for above is already done...  But for the following
document:

  HHHH

  @group
  @setfilename ggg
  @end group

  @node Top

  FFF

There is no warning, and HHHH is not discarded even though it appears
before @setfilename.

--
Pat