gcc.texi closing preformatted_command tex wrong

From: Karl Berry
Subject: gcc.texi closing preformatted_command tex wrong
Date: Sat, 7 Apr 2012 15:18:58 -0700

Hi Patrice,

In trying to build gcc 4.7.0 from the original sources, it (wrongly)
remakes the .info files.  And the new makeinfo comes up with several
diagnostics.  One is his:

BUG: closing preformatted_command tex wrong context line at
/u/karl/gnu/src/texinfo/tp/Texinfo/Parser.pm line 1668.
BUG: closing preformatted_command tex wrong context line at
/u/karl/gnu/src/texinfo/tp/Texinfo/Parser.pm line 1668.
./../gcc-4.7.0/gcc/doc/gcc.texi:89: warning: @tex should only appear at a line
beginning
./../gcc-4.7.0/gcc/doc/gcc.texi:89: warning: @end should only appear at a line
beginning

In the source (gcc.texi), it looks like this:

@multitable @columnfractions 0.5 0.5
@c ...
@item a division of the
@tab General: @tex press@@gnu.org @end tex
@item Free Software Foundation
@tab Orders:  @tex sales@@gnu.org @end tex
@c ...
@end multitable

I mention this because of the "BUG" lines -- although clearly they are
abusing @tex here, presumably the BUG output should not happen.  Also,
if you can easily include the Texinfo source file and line number in BUG
lines, seems like that could only help.  It was obvious (I think) in
this case, but might not always be ...

Thanks,
Karl