Re: [SPAM] Re: texinfo 5.00 -> 5.0 -> 4.13.90 html output

From: Karl Berry
Subject: Re: [SPAM] Re: texinfo 5.00 -> 5.0 -> 4.13.90 html output
Date: Sat, 18 Feb 2012 17:48:55 -0800

    You mean with the paths setting or with using .pl?

Both, since there are pros and cons.

    but you'll have to take care of it for the next releases,

No problem :).

    I added a slightly derogatory comment about this $hardcoded_version...

It's ok by me, though I may tinker with the wording :).

But, it makes me think of a possible way to actually get it from
configure.ac.  In the case of .pl, read ../configure.ac, look for the
line starting with /^AC_INIT/, grab the second word, remove the
brackets, and voila ... not sure if that is more or less ugly than
$hardcoding though :).