sysvinit-devel

Re: Errors in sysvinit man pages

From: Jesse Smith
Subject: Re: Errors in sysvinit man pages
Date: Mon, 14 Dec 2020 11:41:22 -0400

On 2020-12-14 3:51 a.m., Helge Kreutzmann wrote:
> Hello Jesse Smith,
> (usually only first names are used, would this be ok for you?)

I am happy to use just first names.

> I use three lines. The first shows the man page at hand (in this
> report only in respect to shutdown.8). The second line ("Issue:")
> explains the problem or provides a fix if possible. And then the
> paragraph with the text in question (i.e. where the problem was
> detected) is shown. Please note that we only see a neutral format, not
> the source format you probably use.
>
> And yes, A → B is a shorthand notation that A should be replaced by B.

Thank you for confirming this. I will get the upstream manual pages
updated later this week.

> Did you also see the issues I reported on Jul 05? So far I haven't
> received a reply on them.

I did see the report on July 5th and I believe some of the issues were
fixed then. But I'm not sure if they were all corrected. I will re-read
that report and confirm the issues reported on July 5th are also addressed.

Jesse