sysvinit-devel

Re: Errors in sysvinit man pages

From: Jesse Smith
Subject: Re: Errors in sysvinit man pages
Date: Sun, 13 Dec 2020 17:38:59 -0400

Hello Dr. Krutzmann,

Thank you for writing and letting me know about these translation
efforts and the problem reports that have accumulated with regards to
the sysvinit manual pages.

Before I got any further, I would like to confirm that this mailing list
is the ideal place to report issues such as this one. I'm happy to field
questions and bug reports on this list. If any new issues come up in the
future, please share them here.

With regards to the specific issue reports you shared, I want to make
sure I understand the syntax of the report. As I understand it, the
"Issue:" line of each report shows the existing text, followed by an
arrow and then the suggested text. And, in this case, the B<> syntax
indicates the text should be highlighted?

For example, "-Q -> B<-Q>" means the -Q flag should be highlighted or
bolded in the manual page. Is this correct? If I am understanding
properly, then I will update the manual pages and included these changes
in the next version of sysvinit.

Best wishes,
Jesse Smith