sysvinit-devel

Re: [sysvinit-devel] Debian bugs

From: Jesse Smith
Subject: Re: [sysvinit-devel] Debian bugs
Date: Sat, 20 Oct 2018 13:54:43 -0300

> Hi, and congratulation with the new releases.  I got a question.  Did
> you look at the failures reported for insserv 1.16.0 in Debian,
>
> Is there any hope these problems are solved with the new release?

With regards to the build bugs, I suspect the new release will fix
those. The insserv code did not even come close to compiling when I
started working on it, but it builds across multiple architectures for
me now on Debian Stable.

The dryrun vs dry-run flag hasn't changed as no one filed a bug against
that upstream. I can add dry-run and show-all flags for the next release.

The Debian bug for the config file, I'm not sure. That feels like a
distro specific change, but I'll look into it. I don't want to add
something to the config file that will cause problems for other packagers.