sysvinit-devel

Re: [sysvinit-devel] Test suite for sysvinit?

From: Petter Reinholdtsen
Subject: Re: [sysvinit-devel] Test suite for sysvinit?
Date: Fri, 07 Feb 2014 19:16:27 +0100

[Matias A. Fonzo]
> Probably the test suite can consist in a tiny embedded system, and
> qemu used to boot the system.

Nah, I would like something that can run during the normal build.
Running in a virtual machine is useful, but not really a test suite.

> I also think it would be wise to post a release candidate before the
> final version.

Well, I doubt we have the community available that would make such
release candidate sensible.  I believe the current subversion source is
ready to be released.  I've tested it to boot a Debian box, and init was
working.  Please test the current subversion code and let us know if
there are problems with it.

--
Happy hacking
Petter Reinholdtsen