summer-of-code

Re: [gnu-soc] GNU accepted in GSOC 2023

From: Samuel Thibault
Subject: Re: [gnu-soc] GNU accepted in GSOC 2023
Date: Thu, 20 Apr 2023 10:02:32 +0200

Hello,

I didn't see a discussion about ranking proposals? The deadline is April
27th.

Concerning the Hurd, we have two interesting proposals for the
Rust-on-GNU/Hurd project:

- Vedant Tewari, who put a very ample description of the work, ins and
  outs, etc. he is a *very* promising candidate. He told me that he
  applied for other projects in other orgs, but the GNU project clearly
  has his preference. AIUI however google assigns projects according to
  the ranking exposed by orgs, so if we do not rank his project high, he
  may be assigned to a project in another org.

- Masoud, who put a much smaller description (and significantly taken
  from the project idea page), but that shows that he would have the
  ground skills to work on the project.

Samuel