summer-of-code

[gnu-soc] GNU Hurd : Rust Porting Project

From: Harshil Jani
Subject: [gnu-soc] GNU Hurd : Rust Porting Project
Date: Fri, 24 Feb 2023 00:25:32 +0530

Hi, My name is Harshil Jani, and I am interested in the GNU Hurd project listed on the Ideas page. Specifically, I am intrigued by the port to Rust aspect of the project. As a newcomer to the Rust programming language, I have been actively contributing to Rust-Bitcoin to hone my skills.

I believe that taking on this project in GNU would allow me to gain hands-on exposure to Rust programming in greater depth and make meaningful contributions in GNU With that said, I have a few questions that I would appreciate your insight on:

1. What is the project size? I am curious if it falls under the category of 350 Large or 175 Medium.
2. Has any pre-work been completed on this project, and if so, could you kindly direct me to it for context?

Thank you for your time, and I look forward to hearing from you.

Best regards,
Harshil Jani