social-discuss

[Social-discuss] bugfix: OStatus groups are broken...

From: Joshua Judson Rosen
Subject: [Social-discuss] bugfix: OStatus groups are broken...
Date: Sun, 23 Nov 2014 19:33:13 -0500

Not entirely sure when the breakage happened, but it looks like
OStatus groups are not currently working in GNU social:
the OStatus plugin is just throwing away notices that it
receives via group feeds.

If you run a social server, you can probably find some lines in your
logs that look like this:

        Exception during PuSH input processing for
https://status.vinilox.eu/api/statusnet/groups/timeline/1812.atom: There is no
profile with id==0

That's an inbound notice coming through a remote OStatus group
and being discarded.

I've posted a merge-request on gitorious, which I believe fixes the problem:

        https://gitorious.org/social/mainline/merge_requests/15

Normally I'd send out a !snbug ping, but in this case probably
nobody would get it....