sks-devel

Non-existent entries and negative keys

From: William Hay
Subject: Non-existent entries and negative keys
Date: Sat, 18 Dec 2021 08:39:38 +0000

My recon server spent most of yesterday falling over mostly with this message:
Raising Sys.Break -- PTree may be corrupted: Failure("remove_from_node: attempt
to delete non-existant element from prefix tree")

I've run db_recover on the main database and rebuilt the PTree from scratch
many times over
to no avail.

This morning checking the stats page
http://sks.srv.dumain.com/pks/lookup?op=stats
I find that the server managed to  add a negative nuber of new keys
twice (-1 @ 2021-12-17 09 and -2 2021-12-17 15) which is a bit odd given that
we keep telling people we can't delete keys from the network.

Has anyone seen this before and know a solution short of removing the database
and reimporting from scratch?

William