sks-devel

RE: open files in hockeypuck

From: Casey Marshall
Subject: RE: open files in hockeypuck
Date: Tue, 12 Oct 2021 20:55:10 -0500

Date: Mon, 11 Oct 2021 10:51:59 -0700
From: Skip Carter <skip@taygeta.com>
To: sks-devel@nongnu.org
Subject: open files in hockeypuck

I noticed that hockeypuck maintains a huge number of open files, 1080 for me at
the moment.

lsof | grep <pid of hockypuck>

Why is this ?  Is it really necessary ?

Output of that grep will be helpful in a bug report (see link below). I'd otherwise venture a guess that it's possibly the leveldb used to store the recon ptree, and possibly not a bug at all.

Main concern would be if there is a file descriptor leak. Optimizing fds otherwise would not be a priority; those limits can be easily increased in sysctl / systemd / docker / etc.

Please open a bug at https://github.com/hockeypuck/hockeypuck/issues if it's a leak, or some obvious issue where files or sockets are not being closed properly.

Thanks,
Casey

--