sks-devel

Re: No DNS records anymore - alternative ?

From: Andrew Gallagher
Subject: Re: No DNS records anymore - alternative ?
Date: Mon, 26 Jul 2021 23:15:23 +0100

On 26/07/2021 19:14, Gunnar Wolf wrote:
At the very least, an easy-to-find listing of keyservers to
choose from. I guess that information derived/simplified from what can
be currently found at sks-status.gwolf.org could be useful for this,
but distributed among operators to reduce the single-point-of-failure
issue.

+1

In the interests of code diversity, I'm currently trying to add JSON (and thereby Hockeypuck) parsing compatibility to https://github.com/philpennock/sks_spider . Otherwise, it already produces a clickable list of keyservers (not as pretty as your bubble graph though!).

To be really useful to end users, we should collect not just the existence and connectedness of keyservers, but also their reliability, responsiveness etc. The distinction between "fit for purpose" and "fit for use" is vital.

--
Andrew Gallagher