sks-devel

Re: High rate of updated keys

From: Marcel Waldvogel
Subject: Re: High rate of updated keys
Date: Wed, 12 May 2021 10:56:35 +0200

I have not investigated closely, but I noticed that after a restart of the Hockeypuck server, several hundred "updates" are being processed (I am using the version which does negative caching of recon attempts which did not result in updates).

So, maybe we need to look closer at what actually counts as an "update" for Hockeypuck.

An alternate explanation would be that the changes being applied are not idempotent or cumulative, e.g., that some UIDs or signatures are being reordered, which is counten as an update. And, in theory, several of those changes might be circulating in the network, updating each other again and again (even though I guess that over time, some of the updates should "win" over the others).

But as I said, I'm just guessing wildly right now.

-Marcel