sks-devel

Re: [Sks-devel] Seeking peers for keyserver.ftbfs.org

From: Matt Kraai
Subject: Re: [Sks-devel] Seeking peers for keyserver.ftbfs.org
Date: Sun, 22 Aug 2010 12:08:35 -0700

On Sun, Aug 22, 2010 at 08:57:37PM +0200, Kiss Gabor (Bitman) wrote:
> > > Note that if you checkout the Mercurial version you can just put
> > > your hostname and SKS will use all its addresses.
> >
> > Thanks for the instructions and URL.  I'm able to connect to SKS using
> > any address if I use "::", although "netstat -l" only shows it as
> > listening for IPv6 connections.
>
> Are you sure? :-)
> $ telnet 94.246.65.214 11371
> Trying 94.246.65.214...
> Connected to 94.246.65.214.
> Escape character is '^]'.

You're right.  I was trying to say that, but didn't do so very well.
Using "::" allows access via IPv4 or IPv6 connections and via any
address, but netstat only shows it as listening for IPv6 connections:

 tcp6       0      0 [::]:11370              [::]:*                  LISTEN
 tcp6       0      0 [::]:hkp                [::]:*                  LISTEN

--
Matt                                            http://ftbfs.org/kraai