skribilo-users

Re: [skribilo-users] Customising the ConTeXt engine

From: Ludovic Courtès
Subject: Re: [skribilo-users] Customising the ConTeXt engine
Date: Thu, 28 Jan 2016 15:44:43 +0100

Roger Mason <address@hidden> skribis:

> Thank you for your reply.  I have now modified the context engine to:
>
>            ;; Insert User customization
>            (let ((s (engine-custom e 'user-style)))
>              (if s (format #t "\\input ~a\n" s)
>            ;; Load Style - default is book
>                    (format #t "\\input context-~a.tex\n"
>                     (engine-custom e 'document-style))
>                  ))
>
> The user can get a context document by providing context customisations
> in "context-book.tex" or in some '*.tex' file if they use skribilo's
> user-style option.  I made a few other changes too and have been able to
> generate compilable context files.

OK.  I guess we should integrate this change, or even get rid of the
“\input context-*.tex” by default.

WDYT?

> A possible improvement would be to have skribilo _write_ the default
> context customisation file "context-book.tex" but I don't know how to do
> this because I don't know much Guile.

What would it put in that file?  Isn’t it better left to users?

> I am working on getting skribilo to read org-mode syntax.  I want to be
> able to write a document in org-mode and transform it to context (or
> other format).  I am using a clone of the outline reader as a starting
> point.

There are a couple of pretty good org-mode parsers for Guile, notably
one used in <http://wingolog.org/projects/guile-present/>.  I strongly
recommend using one of these.  (Feel free to ask people about this on
#guile on the Freenode IRC network, or address@hidden)

> I have a question about getting from the outline format to the full
> skribilo document format.  I can see there might be circumstances where
> I begin a document in outline mode (or org mode) but transform it to the
> full skribilo format for final editing.  I saw the question about this
> on the mailing list but did not understand the answer.

I just pointed at the example that’s in the manual:

  http://www.nongnu.org/skribilo/doc/user-3.html#outline-syntax

Does it help?

The automatic conversion shown here is not suitable if you want to
manually edit the result though, because, as you can see, it uses Scheme
syntax instead of Skribe syntax (no square brackets.)

HTH,
Ludo’.