sketch-devel

Re: solution for typesetting

From: ecker
Subject: Re: solution for typesetting
Date: Fri, 9 Jan 2004 21:32:27 +0100 (CET)

Hallo Berhard,

thanks for the reply.
> [..]
> I'm thinking a bit about how to promote the skencil 0.7 line
> a bit more. At intevation we based on extension on the 0.7 line
> also there is a windows version. As you are starting a fresh
> development it might make sense to base it on 0.7 to motivate
> everybody to get 0.7 in a really usable state.
Actually I never considered implementing it in 0.7. But hmm, why not ?
What is against it is the following: I am impatient! This idea about
typesetting has been a bee in my had for quite a long time. Now I want to
see it working as soon as possible. I am not at all familiar with the 0.7
code. If you would program the 0.7 backend, I would consider switching.
The next argument is that I would really like to use it for my work. I do
not see any progrss with 0.7 so that this could be an alternative for 0.6
in the near future. On the other hand, porting should not be the problem.
The amount of code which is depending on the gui is, and will be small.
Christof