Re: Cannot reattach - asking for password

From: Robin Lee Powell
Subject: Re: Cannot reattach - asking for password
Date: Wed, 28 Dec 2022 12:55:00 -0800

You've basically got two options here that I can think of:

1.  Your screen socket, or the directory it's in, is owned by a
    different user; go looking at ownership.  "root" or "nobody"
    seem likely options.

2.  SELinux is getting involved.  While you should *not* run like
    this long term, you can test this by running "sudo setenforce 0"
    and trying again.